Thursday, April 21, 2011

Has Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) entered healthcare sector too?

Has the search giant Google unwittingly entered the health care sector?

I visited the doctor recently to seek medical advise and the doctor said that I can find a lot of health related information on Google. I am not sure if the doctor was trying to impress me with his knowledge of the IT world or he was simply too lazy to provide with good advice. No matter what his reasons were - healthcare providers are turning to the web to provide more information related advise.

Recently, I have received invites from my friends to join this new social networking site which provides health advise. Visit http://www.livehealthclub.com/ to find out more. Surely, health concierge services are on the rise and it may not surprise me that Google with its huge reputation may extend its dominance to this sector through a variety of partners.

Needless to say, what the doctor meant was that the information was readily available in the World Wide Web rather than on Google. What this basically means is that Google will continue to extend its dominance into other sectors and coner stone its competitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not flame or use profanities in your comments.